Apr 29, 2018

a pair of pairfect

I have a pair of socks ready. Actually, I have knitted them a week or so ago, but I wanted to log them still.  


pattern: school-learned basic socks
The heel is the one I learned from school and I think it is the very traditional one. The toe decreases are started about 5 cm before the desired length. I am not sure about the correct English term for the decrease, but I will name it "stripe" decrease and check the right term later. Decreases are made at the beginning and the end of each needle (I use magic loop, so I only have 2 needles) first every other row and then every row until the bind off.

needles: 2,5 (?) mm Chiagoo circular

yarn: 
Schachenmayr Regia Parifect
color: island (09138)
75% virgin wool
25% polyamide
420m /100g (fingering or light fingering)

The yarn makes ornament of its own and from one skein is enough for a pair of identical socks up to the size of European 46-47, thus the name of the yarn, "Pairfect".

consumption for size 39-40:
78g - 328m

knittability: 
It is a very easy knit for basic socks. The skein comes with the instruction and one does get a pair of similar basic socks. Because the yarn has ornament of its own, it is not suitable for other pattern. Well, stripes would work. But I do not think that any other would.

wearability: 
The socks are nice and thin. However, I've got holes quite quick with my first pair of similar socks. But other pair I've used has aged without holes quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment